28 January 2013

Meatballs


One of the things we Americans love is our pasta.  

I know I do.  

But lots of carbohydrates don't support our weight loss efforts. 

When I have a craving for spaghetti and meatballs I opt out of the spaghetti part and make this:

Meatballs

1 pound lean ground beef
1 T mustard
2 t reduced sodium soy sauce
2 t Worcestershire sauce
2 t hot sauce
1 clove garlic
1 egg



Mix everything in a bowl except the meat.



Add the meat. Work as little as possible to get it all mixed. up.

Now I have tried 2 method of cooking these.



The mini muffin pan... bake in the oven way.  (350 deg for about 15 m btw)


And the brown in a pan way.

I MUCH prefer the pan way. The browning is better.


See?



Don't forget to weigh your portion size.  If you are doing the 5+1 with me you need to keep it at 5 ounces.

Now all you have to do is add your "green".  I picked steamed broccoli.  1 1/2 cups of it to be exact.


Enjoy!

Read my Getting Healthy story.
If you are interested in learning more about getting and staying healthy please contact me!

Jennifer Z. Lewis
 Certified Health Coach
Web site: teamlewis.tsfl.com

No comments:

Post a Comment