13 January 2013

Chicken and Salad


Chicken with Salad is my most frequent meal I make.  It is simple, basic, easy, yummy.  It uses one of the leanest proteins available and the lowest carbohydrate vegetable.

If you are stuck in a plateau or looking for a relatively inexpensive Lean and Green here you go:

Chicken and Salad



Throw some chicken in a pan.  If you are in weight loss mode - try to keep your serving to a 6 ounce portion. Use a non stick pan.  Sprinkle on the magic.. post about cooking meat HERE.



Skip the salt.  You may not miss or need it.  Finish it later if you have to with a light sprinkling.

Cook, flip, spice, cook.

Now throw about 3 cups lettuce into a big bowl.

Put about a teaspoon of vinaigrette on.  Recipe here.  Toss.

Plate.



Yum.  I've been part of Take Shape for Life since March 2012 and I STILL make this 2+ times a week.  You can also chill the chicken, dice it and toss right into the salad.

Enjoy!


Read my Getting Healthy story.
If you are interested in learning more about getting and staying healthy please contact me!

Jennifer Z. Lewis
 Certified Health Coach
Web site: teamlewis.tsfl.com

No comments:

Post a Comment