21 September 2011

If I had a Lemon Tree

Well I did have a lemon tree once. 

A long time ago when we lived in San Diego... but that's a whole different blog. 
It was before kids.... that was a whole different life.

If I had a lemon tree NOW I'd do so much.  Lemon cake.  Lemon pie.  Lemon tea.  Lemon chicken.  Lemon this and Lemon that..... I LOVE lemons.  And don't even get me started on if I had a LIME tree.....

Back to Lemons.  Oh and there is of course.... Lemon Drops..... lots and lots of Lemon Drops. 

Here is the recipe (this make 2):

2 oz vodka
2 oz Limoncello
2 oz freshly squeezed Lemon juice
2 oz simple syrup*
Ice & shaker

*Simple syrup: Equal parts sugar & water in a sauce-pan.  Boil or simmer until sugar is dissolved, cool and store for future stuff (cocktails, iced coffee, etc.)*

Here is your cast of ingredients.  By the way... you can get 2 oz of lemon juice from 1 lemon w/ the right lemon and the right equipment (or muscles).


Pour all ingredients into shaker.  Add ice.


Shake shake shake.... shake some more....


Use the little strainer thingy....


Pour.


Yum.


Enjoy!!

Oh... if you want you can sugar the rim.... if you have time before it's gone that is.  Maybe for round two?

3 comments:

  1. I make a lemon simple syrup with equal parts fresh lemon and sugar and then just add vodka!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great suggestion. Fewer ingrediants too! Love it BCA (Jen)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these drinks!

    It's interesting to learn the citrus world of Costa Rica. there is an interesting mix of citrus fruit.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete