01 September 2011

Weekday Breakfast Part II

Quiche

Well sort of. 

Yesterday I told you about my weekday breakfast Part I.  Today we cover Part II. 

This is what I eat for breakfast most weekdays.  I love it.  It is healthy, yummy and super fast (if you've made it before hand).  This recipe makes 8 servings. And this doesn't have to be just for breakfast either.  I've served this along side a salad for lunch as well and that was a hit too.  The nice this about this "quiche" is that there is obviously no crust which is a calorie saver.  Don't we all need that!?

Anyway.  Here is all it takes.  It takes about 15m prep and 1 hour baking time.  I let it cool, cover and refridgerate.  Then when morning comes I take a slice and microwave it for like a minute. And boom.  Quiche for breakfast.  Super fast like.


Ingredients:
9 eggs
1/2 C milk
1/2 C ricotta
1/2 C grated cheese (whatever you have)
1 t salt, 1/2 t pepper
& LOTS of veggies

You can use whatever you can find. I've also added cubed ham to this. 

Today I used:
1/2 yellow pepper
1 small onion
1 large handful of baby spinach
& 2 C frozen brocoli


All the chopped goodness.


The "wet" stuff.... mix together (the eggs, ricotta, S&P, milk).  Mix well. Kids are good for that btw.

Add the chopped stuff to the wet stuff, throw in the cheese, stir it around.




 Pour it all into a prepared pie dish.

Bake for 1 hour at 350.  



Yummy.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. going to try that. we'll hit the store tomorrow and see how it goes. we might have switch out the cheese if we can't find it here... i'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete