02 February 2013

Baked Eggs

This post is about a recipe I created for a brunch I was hosting.

I wanted a fancy dish worthy of a "BRUNCH"... if you know what I mean.

The scones and lemon curd kind of brunch.   

Now everyone coming to my "BRUNCH" wasn't doing Take Shape for Life so I also made scones, fruit salad, etc.  But for those of us working hard to burn off our extra fat....I came up with this.

Baked Eggs

2 eggs
1/2 c diced ham
1 T 1/2 & 1/2
1T freshly grated Parmasan *
Salt & Pepper
Chives

*Let's have a quick chat about ingredients   I am a big believer in buying the REAL thing.  
Don't skimp... I know it is more expensive but here is the ticket.  

Are you ready?  

Eat less of it.

Revolutionary I know.


Also.  

IF you are doing the 5+1 this is considered a special occasion meal.  Ham is pretty high in sodium and shouldn't be eaten regularly as the lean.  You could substitute diced chicken.  And for your daily lean of the Lean and Green 2 eggs with out additional meat is sufficient.   But as I said above... I was hosting a "BRUNCH".


Back to the recipe.  
Spray a ramekin with oil.  
Throw in the ham & gently crack the eggs over the ham.  
Pepper heavily (or lightly if you like)
Grate the cheese over the top.



Now.. the secret is the 1/2 and 1/2.  Pour it right in there.



Bake at 350 until the eggs are how you like them.  Probably about 20 minutes.

Serve with a green salad and you are good to go!



Enjoy!

Read my Getting Healthy story.
If you are interested in learning more about getting and staying healthy please contact me!

Jennifer Z. Lewis
 Certified Health Coach
Web site: teamlewis.tsfl.com


No comments:

Post a Comment